I posted this Q&A style after helping another Kubuntu user solve his problem.
Yes the problem is related to a bug but the question was about the results of the bug not the bug itself and the answer was about how to fix the issue, it only referred to the bug as it was the cause of the issue.
I will say that I initially neglected to add the "kubuntu" tag so maybe the close-voter didn't know it was about Ubuntu and more importantly an officially supported flavor of Ubuntu?
I posted the question because
- It applies Kubuntu specifically
- When helping the user I had a hard time finding the issue via search and had to reword it several times to find a solution
- There was nothing on AskUbuntu that helped solve the issue
- It will help other users solve this problem more quickly and much easier that my experience
- flatpak and Discover flatpak backend support are available in the repos hence questions related to them should be on topic by definition
So is this question truly off topic and if so is there some editing I can do to make it more on topic?