Long-time CP/M, MS-DOS 2.11-6.0, NetWare 2-5, OS/2, Windows 1.0-10 User/Programmer/SysEng... who has now turned to the dark side: Linux!
As my experience with Linux is not as extensive as the other OSes I know, I'm trying to find interesting questions which I know quite a bit about under other OSes and try to wrap my head around looking at it from the Linux side. Amazing what you can learn about Linux trying to solve other people's problems! >:) Or even better: learn by being corrected by the gurus around here...
cmd) it's good enough and only if I really have to, I'll compile something up.
Top Network Posts
- 78He who must not be named? (aka Anyone can ping everyone in chat)
- 77Is Ubuntu destroying my internal HDD?
- 74Why does apt-get not require restarts, where the update manager does?
- 45What's a good back-up strategy for 1 desktop PC?
- 31How to make terminal autocomplete when there are several files/directory?
- 24How do I install applications in Ubuntu?
- 23What's a good back-up strategy for 1 desktop PC?
- View more network posts →