Long-time CP/M, MS-DOS 2.11-6.0, NetWare 2-5, OS/2, Windows 1.0-10 User/Programmer/SysEng... who has now turned to the dark side: Linux!
As my experience with Linux is not as extensive as the other OSes I know, I'm trying to find interesting questions which I know quite a bit about under other OSes and try to wrap my head around looking at it from the Linux side. Amazing what you can learn about Linux trying to solve other people's problems! >:) Or even better: learn by being corrected by the gurus around here...
cmd) it's good enough and only if I really have to, I'll compile something up.
Citizen of this galaxy.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
548 profile views
Last seen 7 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 99 How to make sure I'm not using any proprietary software after installation?
- 80 He who must not be named? (aka Anyone can ping everyone in chat)
- 78 Is Ubuntu destroying my internal HDD?
- 77 Why does apt-get not require restarts, where the update manager does?
- 51 What's a good back-up strategy for 1 desktop PC?
- 49 Why do shrimp / lobster / crab turn pink or red when cooking?
- 41 How long will it take to discover they live on a moon and not on a planet?
- View more network posts →