Long-time CP/M, MS-DOS 2.11-6.0, NetWare 2-5, OS/2, Windows 1.0-10 User/Programmer/SysEng... who has now turned to the dark side: Linux!
As my experience with Linux is not as extensive as the other OSes I know, I'm trying to find interesting questions which I know quite a bit about under other OSes and try to wrap my head around looking at it from the Linux side. Amazing what you can learn about Linux trying to solve other people's problems! >:) Or even better: learn by being corrected by the gurus around here...
cmd) it's good enough and only if I really have to, I'll compile something up.
Citizen of this galaxy.
Member for 4 years, 6 months
553 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 101 How to make sure I'm not using any proprietary software after installation?
- 80 Why does apt-get not require restarts, where the update manager does?
- 80 He who must not be named? (aka Anyone can ping everyone in chat)
- 79 Is Ubuntu destroying my internal HDD?
- 53 What's a good back-up strategy for 1 desktop PC?
- 49 Why do shrimp / lobster / crab turn pink or red when cooking?
- 42 How to make terminal autocomplete when there are several files/directory?
- View more network posts →