I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch and for the past few years Linux Mint Debian Edition (which is basically Debian testing but more green).
My Linux expertise, if I can grace it with such a lofty title, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 1 month
664 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Unix & Linux♦ 143.7k 143.7k 3636 gold badges296296 silver badges473473 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 74.8k 74.8k 1414 gold badges151151 silver badges235235 bronze badges
- Super User 43.6k 43.6k 1111 gold badges9999 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 17.3k 17.3k 1313 gold badges6868 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Biology 11.2k 11.2k 55 gold badges4040 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1010 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 755 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 342 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 249 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 189 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 186 What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 184 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- View more network posts →