Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
810 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 at 7:54
- Unix & Linux♦ 192.4k 192.4k 5252 gold badges368368 silver badges557557 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 86.3k 86.3k 1515 gold badges176176 silver badges267267 bronze badges
- Super User 48.2k 48.2k 1212 gold badges108108 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.3k 20.3k 1414 gold badges7575 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 19.8k 19.8k 55 gold badges4242 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1168 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 857 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 644 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 469 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 340 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 233 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →