Most sites use interesting and humorous chat room names related to their site topic, like
- /dev/chat (Unix &Linux)
- The DMZ (Security)
- Root Access (Super User)
- The 2nd Monitor (Code Review)
- The Nineteenth Byte (Programming Puzzles & Code Golf)
- The Bridge (Arqade)
- The Heap - Consultancy (Database Admins)
- The h Bar (Physics)
- The Periodic Table (Chemistry)
- The Maid Cafe (Anime & Manga)
- The Hangar (Aviation)
- The Frying Pan (Cooking)
Why do we have such a generic name like Ask Ubuntu General Room?
And could we eventually collect name proposals, vote on them and then finally change it?