I think we need a new one, maybe a CW, that gets updated periodically to reflect current drivers, or one that is structured so as to be mostly future-proof.
The Q&A should include:
- The difference between the Nouveau and Proprietary drivers
- The difference among the different versions for the Proprietary drivers
- A mention of the
graphics-drivers PPA, and how it has more up-to-date drivers
- Installation instructions using
- (The more complex) installation instructions for installing from the website
- A link to my Q&A (totally not a shameless plug), about fixing problems after installation.
- A link to the login loop Q&A
- Some other basic troubleshooting
I don't know if the subjects should be split into different answers or just grouped under headers.
Basically, I think we should deliberately make a complete Q&A, covering pretty much all we can cover about NVIDIA. The current Q&As are outdated and not really complete. If we pruposely make a new one, I think it'll last a lot longer.