Currently, you need 75 reputation to start a bounty.
However, some migrating users (meaning users that have an account with 100+ rep on another site) use this privilege a bit much.
They will sometimes start a low-ish quality question and assign a bounty to it. Can we change the bounty requirements to one of these:
Increase bounty requirement to 150
- PRO: Allows higher bounties to be made as soon as the privilege is earned.
- PRO: Migrating Users need to be active on the site. They just can't bounty-n-leave. That is kinda using "free rep".
- PRO: Easy to implement.
- CON: Harder for new users to earn the bounty privilege.
Make non-migrating users have a bounty requirement of 75, while migrating users require 150.
- PRO: Non-Migrating users are unaffected
- PRO: Migrating Users need to be active on the site
- CON: Insane to implement.
- CON: Is weird in comparison to rest of the rep system
I think this'll encourage users to be more active, and will make posts higher quality throughout the entire site.