Social democratic, Linux-using, Queensland-dwelling and vegetarian Homo sapien with an inquisitive disposition. Since 2015 I have used free operating systems almost exclusively (aside from the odd time when I've helped my family with their Windows 10 PCs and when I've used such systems in virtual machines). To define free operating system I mean one where the base system, aside from proprietary drivers/firmware (e.g. binary blobs on the kernel), is comprised of entirely free and open-source software and it is available to the end-user for free.
Also a top writer on Quora for 2018: https://quora.com/profile/Brenton-Horne.
Active on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fuse809.
Active on the openSUSE Build Service: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:fusion809.
Member for 8 years, 1 month
21 profile views
Last seen May 27 '15 at 17:00
- Ask Ubuntu 7k 7k 2121 gold badges6868 silver badges115115 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 3k 3k 99 gold badges3636 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Biology 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.3k 2.3k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 1.3k 1.3k 66 gold badges1818 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 153 Is it possible to clean the APT cache from the command line?
- 38 How do I convert a PNG to SVG, using software?
- 33 How do I insert arrows into a picture in GIMP?
- 33 How do I install GNU Readline?
- 31 How can homosexuality evolve despite natural selection?
- 24 How do you install the latest version of GNU Octave?
- 22 How to download an RPM package and install it in one line?
- View more network posts →