Social democratic, Linux-using, Queensland-dwelling and vegetarian Homo sapien with an inquisitive disposition. Since 2015 I have used free operating systems almost exclusively (aside from the odd time when I've helped my family with their Windows 10 PCs and when I've used such systems in virtual machines). To define free operating system I mean one where the base system, aside from proprietary drivers/firmware (e.g. binary blobs on the kernel), is comprised of entirely free and open-source software and it is available to the end-user for free.
Also a top writer on Quora for 2018: https://quora.com/profile/Brenton-Horne.
Active on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fuse809.
Active on the openSUSE Build Service: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:fusion809.
- Ask Ubuntu 7.3k 7.3k 2222 gold badges7171 silver badges119119 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 3.1k 3.1k 1212 gold badges4444 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- Chemistry 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Biology 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 1.4k 1.4k 77 gold badges1919 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 159 Is it possible to clean the APT cache from the command line?
- 48 How do I convert a PNG to SVG, using software?
- 39 How do I insert arrows into a picture in GIMP?
- 37 How do I install GNU Readline?
- 31 How can homosexuality evolve despite natural selection?
- 24 How do you install the latest version of GNU Octave?
- 24 How to download an RPM package and install it in one line?
- View more network posts →