I've got the itch to set BKChem up such that it satisfies these conditions imposed by Wikipedia on chemical structure drawing and I am using Ubuntu, but I don't know where my question would be best posed. Is there another StackExchange where I should ask this question or will Ask Ubuntu suffice?

  • 2
    I've seen you ask these types of questions before and they seemed to be well recieved, did something change?
    – Seth
    May 28, 2014 at 15:16
  • 1
    I think that I have attempted to answer some of your questions in the past. I find them to be a refreshing change from the usual "Why is my screen black?". I usually end up learning something just from your questions. Why would they be a problem if they are Ubuntu related? As long as you are clear and concise about your work, I don't see a problem with them. May 29, 2014 at 5:36

1 Answer 1


Yeah, it should be on-topic here.

There may be a more appropriate site (is there one for BKChem and/or Wikipedia?) but failing that, Ask Ubuntu or Super User are fine alternatives.

Just reread what's going on. Given this is isn't just about using an application that existing in Ubuntu, it's about the platform-specific configuration locations, this is definitely on topic.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .