I am an inexperienced adventurer, trying to explore the wonderful but complex and dangerous new world of computers, electronics and programming which I have just landed in, with only my Ubuntu and an internet connection to help me. So far I have tangled with small
Pythons, struggled through thickets of
HTMLand dabbled in a
SScade. I had just entered a clearing when a wild
JQuery. I ran into a
Cave and now I have to find my way out. I am trying to follow the
pointers, but whether I will survive or not, only time will tell. My friends
K & Rmight help.
Broad daylight at last! I had explored enough of the Cave to satisfy my curiosity; I didn't dare meddle in its deep secrets. A cup of
Javawas in order, and most welcome. Okay, on with my mission. The
dataled me to a forbidding castle. It was empty, except for the many
tablesin the great hall. I would make this my
base. It was surrounded by a moat of mud, however, which I have to
SQLuelch through to get in and out.
Where will my mission take me? I don't know.
Aside from programming, I have an interest in toast making, a rather unusual hobby. When I have wood and I am in the right mood, I enjoy carving wooden spoons.
On a more serious note: I am a dedicated Christian, and a young-earth creationist. I am willing to discuss my views.
Western Cape, South Africa
Member for 3 years
5 profile views
Last seen Dec 28 '19 at 12:02
- Meta Stack Exchange 6k 6k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Puzzling 1.5k 1.5k 44 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 679 679 1313 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 153 153 11 silver badge1818 bronze badges
- Code Review 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 48 Help us improve the user profile and settings
- 23 Please don't show the red dot indicator for review items I can't do
- 22 If I am dead there is no death; What am I?
- 22 I'm entitled to a cheese board? Really?
- 21 Show off your hats! (2018 edition)
- 20 Let's shoot down the Fastest Swag-Hunter in the West
- 18 Riddle me this: Getting away with vandalism
- View more network posts →