I've been a computer hobbyist since before the IBM PC, and a professional programmer not too long after that. I've had experience with electronic repair, manufacturing, and testing of professional audio.
I tutored other students in Fortran before PCs existed, built my first computer from bare circuit boards and reject parts (S-100 CP/M system), and transitioned from stereo repair, to professional audio manufacturing at Dolby Labs, where I set up the automated functional testing for Dolby professional equipment. From there, I went into programming full-time as a C programmer for Mac presentation graphics systems, then to Windows C++ video programming. My last 10 years was as a C++ Windows software engineer for a corporate source code control system.
I'm now a Linux user, retired from active work but still helping friends with computer problems, configuration, audio/video setup, and other electronic devices.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
43 profile views
Last seen Aug 21 '16 at 16:28
- Ask Ubuntu 14.7k 14.7k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Super User 716 716 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 543 543 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 467 467 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 286 286 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 256 Command-line to list DNS servers used by my system
- 130 .bashrc not executed when opening new terminal
- 47 Send or Move a window from one monitor to another with a shortcut key under Ubuntu 12.04 and nvidia 8600 GT without proprietary nvidia drivers
- 46 Is it possible to change the Terminal font?
- 40 How do I find my network IP address, netmask, and gateway info?
- 40 How to view the DNS address assigned by DHCP?
- 31 Can't change destination of symbolic link
- View more network posts →