Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 2 months
18 profile views
Last seen Apr 9 at 2:19
Top Network Posts
- 98 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 82 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 68 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 63 The boy at the bottom of the river who spent 2,000 years looking at a statue of an angel?
- 61 Why didn't NASA use the shuttle to make a profit?
- 60 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- 57 ISS Structural Integrity
- View more network posts →