Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 6 years, 5 months
22 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- Space Exploration 111.7k 111.7k 77 gold badges368368 silver badges486486 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 34.3k 34.3k 44 gold badges123123 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 16k 16k 99 gold badges4545 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Aviation 470 470 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 460 460 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 118 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 88 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 88 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 75 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 74 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 72 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 70 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- View more network posts →