Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 10 months
20 profile views
Last seen 13 hours ago
- Space Exploration 90.9k 90.9k 55 gold badges279279 silver badges390390 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 30.9k 30.9k 44 gold badges107107 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 14k 14k 99 gold badges4040 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Aviation 393 393 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 307 307 77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 85 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 84 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 73 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 71 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 69 The boy at the bottom of the river who spent 2,000 years looking at a statue of an angel?
- 67 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- View more network posts →