Retired human spaceflight engineer / Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
"There are a small group of individuals who spend their days and nights trying to find the weak points in NASA’s human spaceflight program. This diabolical and insidious team has penetrated the most secure sectors of the space agency and they gather their information from the inside. I personally have confronted this organization and can attest to their manipulative and devious behavior.
My fellow Flight Directors have termed them “the dirty slime ball [expletive deleted]s.” Their name: the integrated training team. Their leader: Sim sup." -Wayne Hale
"The most devious, machiavellian, outrageously disgraceful people you can ever encounter in a training program are known as simulator supervisors, Sim Sups." -Dr. David Baker
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
-last words of Kit Carson
Member for 6 years, 11 months
26 profile views
Last seen Dec 26 '20 at 17:21
- Space Exploration 128.4k 128.4k 77 gold badges421421 silver badges562562 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 37k 37k 44 gold badges132132 silver badges181181 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 17.3k 17.3k 99 gold badges4646 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Aviation 691 691 22 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 460 460 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 124 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 88 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 88 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 76 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 74 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 74 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 70 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- View more network posts →