I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate... Forget that.
I've been working in the large gas power plant, a sprawling monster creeping over a city, large enough to power some European nations. A lake is kept warm in winter with just effluent waters. Everywhere you look in the city you can see traces of it. At any given time there's always something breaking or leaking somewhere. It looks like it can break down at any moment. Yet the constant labour of thousands of workers always keeps power plant humming along. It's an impressive feat of human engineering.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Member for 7 years, 1 month
47 profile views
Last seen Aug 3 at 20:31
- Ask Ubuntu 6.9k 6.9k 1717 gold badges4141 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 941 941 55 gold badges1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Server Fault 437 437 44 gold badges77 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Super User 379 379 11 gold badge22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 229 229 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 149 How do I use the latest GCC on Ubuntu?
- 133 Network service discovery disabled: What does this mean for me?
- 90 How do I convert epub to mobi using calibre?
- 57 How do I convert epub to mobi using calibre?
- 29 GIMP doesn't show Tools window
- 25 GIMP 2.8 doesn't allow to save usual image file formats (jpg, png) via Save dialog
- 23 How to make traceroute trace beyond 30 hops?
- View more network posts →