I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate... Forget that.
I've been working in the large gas power plant, a sprawling monster creeping over a city, large enough to power some European nations. A lake is kept warm in winter with just effluent waters. Everywhere you look in the city you can see traces of it. At any given time there's always something breaking or leaking somewhere. It looks like it can break down at any moment. Yet the constant labour of thousands of workers always keeps power plant humming along. It's an impressive feat of human engineering.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Member for 5 years, 11 months
46 profile views
Last seen Aug 11 '18 at 18:17
- Ask Ubuntu 3.3k 3.3k 1313 gold badges3636 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 491 491 55 gold badges88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 309 309 11 gold badge22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Server Fault 272 272 44 gold badges66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 196 196 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 129 How do I use the latest GCC on Ubuntu?
- 106 Network service discovery disabled: What does this mean for me?
- 69 How do I convert epub to mobi using calibre?
- 45 How do I convert epub to mobi using calibre?
- 26 GIMP doesn't show Tools window
- 23 GIMP 2.8 doesn't allow to save usual image file formats (jpg, png) via Save dialog
- 20 How to make traceroute trace beyond 30 hops?
- View more network posts →