Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Visit Stack Exchange
I have been an Ubuntu user for a while but recently found out how great the community is.
This has quickly become yet another reason I love Ubuntu and I would like to be more involved.
What else can I do, except answering questions and editing posts, to be a more productive member of this community?
20.5k1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
asked Aug 8, 2012 at 10:13
Mark KirbyMark Kirby
18.1k11 gold badge2525 silver badges5757 bronze badges
You can hang out in chat and help out. I usually post sets of questions or queries that could use editing, that sort of thing.
answered Aug 8, 2012 at 12:40
Jorge CastroJorge Castro
70.3k55 gold badges102102 silver badges188188 bronze badges
I don't know what exactly is meant by more involved. If you are answering questions and editing posts, I think you are involved already.
Here are some suggestions from me:
- Try to upvote great posts, both questions and answers.
- Try to find duplicate questions and flag the questions for moderator attention, so that they can be closed.
- Downvote wrong, dangerous answers which can create more harm.
- And finally, editing. Edit posts with bad formatting, incorrect tags. Editing is considered truly a great contribution to the community. You can visit the review section to see low-quality posts.
22.7k1414 silver badges1616 bronze badges
answered Aug 8, 2012 at 11:04
75.1k1515 silver badges2424 bronze badges
Some points to add to what have already been said:
- Comment to help guide improvement of questions and answers.
- Tag questions properly to ease finding content.
- Follow the tags of topics of your expertise to be able easily spot question which you may answer.
- Visit the meta site to see what the community is up to.
- Rather than trying to do everything you might want to focus on particular tasks and areas to avoid burn out.
answered Aug 9, 2012 at 9:12
17.7k11 gold badge1414 silver badges3232 bronze badges
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged