I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of questions which basically ask, "how can I upgrade my Ubuntu installation directly from version x to version z, skipping version(s) y in between?"
There appears to be a tendency for people to post a different question for each possible pair of versions, when in reality they all would have the same answer. I was slightly surprised to not be able to find a "master" question for all these in a search.
Here's a partial list of such questions for reference:
- Skipping intermediate Ubuntu OS upgrade to latest one,How do I upgrade from 9.04 to 10.04.2?
- Can I upgrade from 10.04 to 11.10?
- How to upgrade from 10.04 to 11.10
- Is it possible to skip releases during an upgrade?
- Can I upgrade from 10.04 to 11.04 using iso image
Should one of these questions be modified to a more general one which we can then point all the duplicates to? Is there already a "master" question that I simply missed? Or would a new generalized post be best?