Last month, I accidentally clicked down-vote on a very useful answer that I had meant to up-vote.

I didn't realize my error until today.

Now, when I try to correct the mistake, I get the message, "Your vote is now locked in unless this answer is edited."

Would someone please help me remedy this?

1 Answer 1


Make an edit to the answer. You have >2k rep, so you can edit it directly. Once edited, you're free to change your vote.

  • 2
    Ok. Fortunately there was a minor spelling error in the answer, so my edit was actually useful.
    – Enterprise
    Jan 6, 2021 at 3:30

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .