I'm data scientist, software developer, computer book author, entrepreneur. I'm director at QQ Trends, a company that solves difficult data and software challenges for our clients. Lots of machine learning, especially NLP-related, recently. (We sometimes have freelance projects, so get in touch if interested.) (Contact me at dc at qqtrend dot com: please mention you are coming from StackOverflow, so I know it is not spam.)
My first book was "Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE", with O'Reilly, 2014 (ISBN: 978-1449371937). Old by computer standards, but the standard has been stable, so surprisingly still useful. My second book, at the end of 2016, also with O'Reilly, was Practical Machine Learning with H2O (ISBN: 978-1491964606).
All my Stack Overflow and all my Stack Exchange contributions (across all sites) are dedicated to the public domain or available under the CC0 license at your choice. I don't like viral licenses.
Easy ways to irritate me on StackExchange sites (whether my own question or someone else's): 1. Downvote without a comment (N/A if someone already left a comment and you just agree with it, of course); 2. Answers in comments. Other than that I'm an easy-going and pragmatic guy :-)
Member for 6 years, 11 months
31 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '15 at 10:02
- Stack Overflow 18.3k 18.3k 99 gold badges7575 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 972 972 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Server Fault 640 640 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Information Security 631 631 55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 153 Image Processing: Algorithm Improvement for 'Coca-Cola Can' Recognition
- 49 Apply function to each column in a data frame observing each columns existing data type
- 49 Where do you store your personal private GPG key?
- 46 Setup ubuntu server to send mail()
- 34 PhantomJS doesn't send authentication header
- 32 Why is gold unreactive when only one electron is in the outer shell?
- 31 Show correlations as an ordered list, not as a large matrix
- View more network posts →