UPDATE: I'm working on a new book: Practical Machine Learning with H2O, again with O'Reilly. Should be out in the Autumn. If you want me to let you know as soon as it comes out (and get a discount code!), send me an email (address is below).
I'm director at QQ Trends, a company that solves difficult data and software challenges for our clients. (We often have freelance projects, so get in touch if interested.)
My book, "Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE" is out and selling! Get it from O'Reilly here: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do Or from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1449371930 Or from any good bookseller.
UPDATE: looking for another part-time CSS/JS programmer. 理想は東京所在、日本語が読める方。Interesting project(s), you will definitely learn something.
(And, of course, please do get in touch if you have interesting challenges that you would like our world-class experts to work on!)
I'm British, living and working in Tokyo for almost 20 years. Human Languages: English, Japanese (fairly fluent, 1 kyu), some German, Chinese and Arabic.
(Contact me at dc at qqtrend dot com: please mention you are coming from StackOverflow, so I know it is not spam.)
Easy ways to irritate me on StackExchange sites (whether my own question or someone else's): 1. Downvote without a comment (N/A if someone already left a comment and you just agree with it, of course); 2. Answer in comments. Other than that I'm a really easy-going and pragmatic guy :-)
Member for 6 years, 9 months
31 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '15 at 10:02
- Stack Overflow 17.9k 17.9k 88 gold badges7171 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 967 967 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Server Fault 640 640 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Information Security 591 591 44 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 149 Image Processing: Algorithm Improvement for 'Coca-Cola Can' Recognition
- 48 Apply function to each column in a data frame observing each columns existing data type
- 46 Setup ubuntu server to send mail()
- 45 Where do you store your personal private GPG key?
- 34 PhantomJS doesn't send authentication header
- 32 Why is gold unreactive when only one electron is in the outer shell?
- 30 PHPUnit: Test array of objects
- View more network posts →