I'm just your average non-conformist. An archaeologist and scuba diver (a sort of Indiana Cousteau if you like), IT Trainer and eLearning designer, genealogist & bibliophile.
I'm not that experienced with Linux, but I'm also not a complete newbie! I've done a number of installations, but they were all either pretty much straight out-of-the-box JEDI installations with a UFO box or installations on a Raspberry Pi. I've also completed the Introduction to Linux course from the Linux Foundation on EdX.
Currently working on learning more about robots ...
London, United Kingdom
Member for 2 years, 4 months
20 profile views
Last seen 2 hours ago
- History♦ 61.5k 61.5k 88 gold badges219219 silver badges285285 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 3.4k 3.4k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.4k 1.4k 66 gold badges1111 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Robotics 882 882 33 gold badges66 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Arduino 761 761 44 gold badges1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 156 Why is the consensus that WW2 started on September 1, 1939 and not July 7, 1937?
- 146 Is there any evidence to support the claim that the United States was "suckered into WW1" by Zionists, made by Benjamin Freedman in his 1961 speech?
- 124 When did the allies find out about the killing of Jews during WW2
- 98 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 96 Transatlantic Zeppelin trips usually took > 100 hours. How did they stock enough food, and where did they sleep?
- 83 Was murdering a slave illegal in American slavery, and if so, what punishments were given for it?
- 80 Was England called England in the days of King Arthur?
- View more network posts →