I'm just your average non-conformist. An archaeologist and scuba diver (a sort of Indiana Cousteau if you like), IT Trainer and eLearning designer, genealogist & bibliophile.
I'm not that experienced with Linux, but I'm also not a complete newbie! I've done a number of installations, but they were all either pretty much straight out-of-the-box JEDI installations with a UFO box or installations on a Raspberry Pi. I've also completed the Introduction to Linux course from the Linux Foundation on EdX.
Currently working on learning more about robots ...
I assert my right, including my rights under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, to be identified as the author of all content that I contribute to Stack Exchange.
As set out in the Public Network Terms of Service, for all content contributed by me prior to 5 September 2019, I have granted Stack Exchange a perpetual and irrevocable license to that content "... on a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive basis, pursuant to Creative Commons licensing terms" (CC-BY-SA 3.0).
For all content contributed by me on or after 5 September 2019, I have granted Stack Exchange a perpetual and irrevocable license to that content "... on a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive basis, pursuant to Creative Commons licensing terms" (CC-BY-SA 4.0).
Note: I have neither been asked for, nor have I granted, permission for Stack Exchange or any other entity to re-licence content created by me prior to 5 September 2019 to the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license terms. (See the CC wiki Upgrading from prior versions to 4.0 for more information).
London, United Kingdom
Member for 2 years, 9 months
27 profile views
Last seen 21 hours ago
- History♦ 66.3k 66.3k 1111 gold badges238238 silver badges305305 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 3.9k 3.9k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.4k 1.4k 66 gold badges1111 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Robotics 931 931 33 gold badges66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Arduino 880 880 55 gold badges1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 159 Why is the consensus that WW2 started on September 1, 1939 and not July 7, 1937?
- 146 Is there any evidence to support the claim that the United States was "suckered into WW1" by Zionists, made by Benjamin Freedman in his 1961 speech?
- 125 When did the allies find out about the killing of Jews during WW2
- 108 Did it take 3 minutes to reload a musket when the second amendment to the US constitution was ratified?
- 99 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 96 Transatlantic Zeppelin trips usually took > 100 hours. How did they stock enough food, and where did they sleep?
- 85 Was murdering a slave illegal in American slavery, and if so, what punishments were given for it?
- View more network posts →