Sysadmin and developer specializing in production system operations with a particular focus on DVR services.
My programming skillset centers primarily around Perl and Python with additional light background (mostly hobby work) in C, C++, and x86 assembly.
My sysadmin background is mostly in Linux, primarily RHEL. I also possess a rapidly-aging FreeBSD-related skillset.
I have sufficient working knowledge of certain Cisco gear (particularly PIX/ASA) to be quite dangerous.
Member for 9 years
15 profile views
Last seen Dec 20 '15 at 23:13
- Stack Overflow 13.7k 13.7k 22 gold badges3838 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.2k 2.2k 1818 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 641 641 55 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Skeptics 441 441 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 303 Why use argparse rather than optparse?
- 80 Prepend a line to an existing file in Python
- 52 How much memory can a 64bit machine address at a time?
- 48 Does SSH use any compression?
- 43 What's the difference between Wubi and a regular "alongside Windows" installation?
- 39 Should I use \d or [0-9] to match digits in a Perl regex?
- 33 Output of last shell command
- View more network posts →