L. D. James
I'm an IT professional. An Internet pioneer where I was one of the first provider of ISP services (Apollo III Communications).
People often ask about my signature. I sign my messages so that any question I ask or participate in can easily be found. Back in the 80's when I was starting out I hoped to never ask the same question twice. So I use text in my signature to find past discussions to give support to users.
My email address is the oldest one on the Internet.
-- L. James
-- L. D. James firstname.lastname@example.org www.apollo3.com/~ljames
Buffalo, New York
Member for 8 years, 1 month
45 profile views
Last seen Oct 7 '18 at 2:00
- Ask Ubuntu 20.5k 20.5k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges9595 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.5k 1.5k 1919 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 545 545 44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Super User 321 321 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 61 mysql doesn't ask for root password when installing
- 41 How to specify a editor to open crontab file? "export EDITOR=vi" does not work
- 39 Application's menu missing from menu bar
- 36 What is the www-data user?
- 21 How can I install PDFedit on Ubuntu 14.04?
- 18 Cant install via Ubuntu Software- "apt transaction returned result exit-failed"
- 17 Is there a command to get the number of frames in a gif?
- View more network posts →