I route the packets that make the Internet sing.
I have been a casual Linux user since Slackware 3.0 (Hello Walnut Creek!) and an Ubuntu user since around version 6.06 or 6.10.
My primary professional skill set has been focused on the design, implementation, operation, and daily management of enterprise networks.
This includes the configuration and operation of network hardware as well as the care and feeding involved in the network monitoring systems supporting them. The hardware includes routers, switches, firewalls, wan-optimizers, and occasionally load balancers (mostly Cisco, Riverbed, and f5 systems).
Top network posts
- 183 Any way to check the clock speed of my processor?
- 149 Setting JDK 7 as default
- 133 How to find all the used IP addresses on a network
- 126 SmartGit Installation and Usage on Ubuntu
- 118 How to install gcc-4.8
- 110 What are the differences between the different vim packages available in Ubuntu?
- 76 How do I find out what filesystem my partitions are using?
- View more network posts →