I route the packets that make the Internet sing.
I have been a casual Linux user since Slackware 3.0 (Hello Walnut Creek!) and an Ubuntu user since around version 6.06 or 6.10.
My primary professional skill set has been focused on the design, implementation, operation, and daily management of enterprise networks.
This includes the configuration and operation of network hardware as well as the care and feeding involved in the network monitoring systems supporting them. The hardware includes routers, switches, firewalls, wan-optimizers, and occasionally load balancers (mostly Cisco, Riverbed, and f5 systems).
- Ask Ubuntu 15.5k 15.5k 1515 gold badges6262 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 367 367 11 gold badge55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Network Engineering 260 260 11 gold badge44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 125 125 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 190 Any way to check the clock speed of my processor?
- 152 Setting JDK 7 as default
- 134 How to find all the used IP addresses on a network
- 126 SmartGit Installation and Usage on Ubuntu
- 118 How to install gcc-4.8
- 113 What are the differences between the different vim packages available in Ubuntu?
- 76 How do I find out what filesystem my partitions are using?
- View more network posts →