I was tagging a multimonitor question and initially chose dualview, although it does not exist currently I have used/seen this often.

I did a little searching and came across this thread so decided twinview would be more appropriate however it seems to be an Nvidia only term.

What are the thoughts on this?

I think it is important as searching for multi-monitor issues can be tricky.

If twinview is to be specific for nvidia what tag should non-nvidia users with the same monitor setup use?

1 Answer 1


The usual tag for questions regarding multiple monitors is .

I would strongly advise you against using (as it has not been used by anyone else).

If your question is related to Nvidia then it might be a good idea to use that tag instead or as well as .

You can also tag your graphics card manufacturer: , , or .

  • Yes I would use multiple-monitors tag as well however dualview/twinview are specific versions of this. I've added a revision to the question.
    – Cas
    Commented May 3, 2011 at 0:09
  • @Cas I think "dual view" is just another generic name, such as "multihead", "dualmonitor", "multiple-monitors", etc
    – 8128
    Commented May 3, 2011 at 5:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .