I'm Neil Broadley, a network specialist generally (firewalls, IPS, and so on), but I've been using Ubuntu since early 2006.
I'm generally command-line averse. It's a critical aspect of linux, but I believe that people learn best through experimentation and therefore believe that GUI tools are essential. To that end, I'm (slowly) learning Python in order to scratch a few GUI itches.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 1 '16 at 9:57
Top network posts
- 116 What is the Linux equivalent to Windows' Program Files?
- 64 Getting Processor Information
- 54 How do I temporarily run an FTP server?
- 45 How do I reset the thumbnail cache?
- 40 Why is the firewall disabled by default?
- 39 How do I quickly switch between workspaces in unity?
- 34 Share Wireless connection with Wired Ethernet Port
- View more network posts →