I'm Neil Broadley, a network specialist generally (firewalls, IPS, and so on), but I've been using Ubuntu since early 2006.
I'm generally command-line averse. It's a critical aspect of linux, but I believe that people learn best through experimentation and therefore believe that GUI tools are essential. To that end, I'm (slowly) learning Python in order to scratch a few GUI itches.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 1 '16 at 9:57
Top network posts
- 114 What is the Linux equivalent to Windows' Program Files?
- 59 Getting Processor Information
- 51 How do I temporarily run an FTP server?
- 42 How do I reset the thumbnail cache?
- 39 How do I quickly switch between workspaces in unity?
- 39 Why is the firewall disabled by default?
- 33 Share Wireless connection with Wired Ethernet Port
- View more network posts →