Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 11 months
775 profile views
Last seen Aug 11 at 12:18
- Unix & Linux♦ 172.8k 172.8k 4444 gold badges331331 silver badges524524 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 82k 82k 1515 gold badges164164 silver badges256256 bronze badges
- Super User 46.5k 46.5k 1111 gold badges105105 silver badges156156 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20k 20k 1414 gold badges7070 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18k 18k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1101 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 821 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 628 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 412 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 299 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 239 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 221 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →