Mark E. Haase
Hi! I have been working full-time as a software engineer since I graduated from college in 2005. I began coding when I was 13, and I have loved it ever since. My main interest area is information security – or cyber if you prefer – and in addition to writing security software for a long time, I have also done some penetration testing work. In the last three years, I have been working as a contractor on a DARPA R&D contract involving web crawling, dark web, and machine learning.
My main strength is developing web applications in high-level languages – Python is my favorite – but I consider myself more of a general hacker who is comfortable working with a wide range of technologies and learning whatever I need to accomplish the task at hand. (I suppose that full-stack is the trendy term.) In my study of infosec, I have spent a lot of time learning to read assembly and reverse engineer applications to develop exploits. (I have the OSCP, CISSP, and CEH certifications.)
I have released a couple of work projects as open source. I created an easy-to-use web crawler called Starbelly, as well as a database migrations system called Agnostic. And if you want to get really nerdy with me, I wrote a tiny utility called
sshadduser that simplifies the error-prone process of giving somebody SSH access to a server. I also like writing and teaching. In addition to developing infosec courses for government clients, I also participate here on Stack Overflow and infrequently publish on my tech blog.
I have been working full-time remote for several years now out of my home office in the Washington DC area. I am seeking contract work (1099) for 2018.
- Stack Overflow 21.7k 21.7k 66 gold badges5858 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 4.3k 4.3k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Super User 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 1.2k 1.2k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 743 How to resolve merge conflicts in Git?
- 389 Why are there are no PUT and DELETE methods on HTML forms?
- 276 Equals(=) vs. LIKE
- 273 How do you add a certificate authority (CA) to Ubuntu?
- 196 How can I select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- 144 How does SSL really work?
- 132 How can I check file size in Python?
- View more network posts →