Pronouns: I don't care, and you don't know anyway. That's the point of pseudonymity.
Ancient computer nerd who likes digging and learning. Cut my teeth on UNIVAC-timeshare and was 'hooked' for life. Useful results, if any, are secondary to the fun.
First home computer: 1984 home-built IBM-PC/XT 8086, 640KB RAM, MS-DOS 1.25, Dual 5-¼ Floppy, 20MB HDD, Hercules Graphics.
First programming contract: 1986, Borland Turbo Pascal, Cotton gin product tracking (seed to graded bale)
Current main OS: Leap 15.1
Favorite Languages: Pascal, HTML/CSS/JS, Fortran, Perl, Shell script(Bash mostly), PHP
Fan of Rusty
As noted below, I don't use Facebook. I do, however use Keybase, where I use the same name gypsyspellweaver. To prove the connection between that account and this profile I am cryptographically signing my name
as the body of a message, with one of the pgp keys identified on that account. That is also the pg key identified above independently of my Keybase account. Signing that message results in the following signed message:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 Gypsy Spellweaver -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- wl4EARYIABAFAl2c3rIJEC5D9vS9/AJuAACWQgEALoajsuWh+blRxDbmFJ0KHAGV 6rilt6o1JB0Fp4p3kfgBAB58kCd4eH+4MistCT/hjD58JuOBWoHECz74Ags8+6wC =sQ96 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
You can copy/paste the above text block into Keybase's verification prompt to verify that gypsyspellweaver on Keybase signed it, verifying the connection between that account and this one.
I have recolored the image for my profile. To use this, in the original colors, in your Stack Exchange profile, copy this code:
[![Not f'd - you won't find me on Facebook][notfb]][fsf-fb] [notfb]: https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/no-facebook-me.png "Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook" [fsf-fb]: http://www.fsf.org/fb
- Computer Science Educators 4.8k 4.8k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 1.7k 1.7k 11 gold badge66 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 940 940 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 Why do we count starting from zero?
- 68 How to ask a vegan to stop telling me about veganism because I am not interested in it?
- 52 Can my sister convey to her womanizer boss by her body language and general behavior that she is not 'available' for an 'office romance'?
- 39 Advances in CS appropriate for CS1 and CS2 made by female computer scientists
- 28 Asking waiters to let you eat in peace
- 28 Why was the Millennium Falcon too small for a cloaking device?
- 26 Drive name? What is the correct term for the "sda" part of "/dev/sda"?
- View more network posts →