I've been using Ubuntu as my main system since 7.04 with a few short breaks using Windows or Fedora because of temporary hardware/software incompatibilities. I support FOSS projects like Ubuntu for a number of reasons but the biggest one is that the software works and it works well--often better than the non-free alternatives.
I'm no guru but in my travels I've learned a thing or two about using/debugging/fixing problems in Ubuntu which I'm always happy to share with the community. If it hadn't been for the help I've received from the Ubuntu community over the past few years I probably wouldn't have gotten past my first month of using it much less to where I am today!
Member for 7 years, 10 months
9 profile views
Last seen Sep 1 '14 at 9:15
Top network posts
- 391 Unable to mount Windows (NTFS) filesystem due to hibernation
- 261 Find a file by name using command-line
- 25 Chrome puts itself on Startup Applications
- 20 Is Seagate's new "FAST Factor Boot" technology compatible with Ubuntu?
- 17 how can I reset the battery statistics for the powermanager?
- 13 How do I import Amazon MP3s with Banshee and the new Amazon Cloud Player?
- 12 How to flash a BIOS when only a Windows binary is provided?
- View more network posts →