I am an anesthesiologist at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. My residency in anesthesiology and critical care medicine was completed at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. I worked in management consulting and renewable energy before medical school, and developed an understanding of data analysis, enterprise IT and software development. My research interests are in the application of IT to mining the largely untapped and abundant resource of administrative and clinical hospital data. Central to this is understanding the power and limitations of statistical methods when used on these data. In particular, I am interested in optimized matching methods for retrospective case control studies.
My R package for analysing ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes and assigning comorbidities has been downloaded thousands of times.
My peer reviewed publications can be seen on pubmed, and am working on a number of projects at present mostly relating to outcomes from blood transfusion and peri-operative fluid management.
Top network posts
- 37 First letter to upper case
- 11 Images pushed off slides in beamer output from R markdown
- 10 C++11 with R and Rcpp: supported by CRAN policies?
- 8 Example input data with example output using relative pathway in vignette of R package?
- 6 test for whether package is being checked by CRAN
- 6 Did I misuse a reference variable in a simple OpenMP for loop, or is it a clang bug?
- 6 Determine minimum R version for all package dependencies
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jan 22 '17