Hi, I'm Oli and I'm a "full-stack" web-dev-op. Eurgh. I'm also allergic to jargon BS.
I spend most of my professional time writing Django websites and webapps for SMEs. I write a lot of Python outside of Django sites too. I administer various Linux servers for various tasks. I contribute to the open source projects that I use when I can.
I'm a full-time Linux user and that has lead to helping other people live the dream. I am an official Ubuntu Member and I earnt my ♦ on SE's own Ask Ubuntu in 2011's moderator election. That's probably where I spend most of my unpaid time.
I also run thepcspy.com which has been my place to write for the last decade or so.
If you need to contact me for extended help, you can do so via my website, just remember that I have bills so if I feel your request is above and beyond normal duty, I might ask for remuneration for one-on-one support. For more social contact, you can usually find me (or just my computer) lurking in the Ask Ubuntu General Chat Room and on Freenode in #ubuntu and #ubuntu-uk under the handle Oli or Oli``.
England, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 10 months
1,391 profile views
Last seen May 10 at 16:39
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 256k 256k 102102 gold badges616616 silver badges795795 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 204.3k 204.3k 5656 gold badges194194 silver badges276276 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 12.7k 12.7k 66 gold badges3737 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.9k 6.9k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.7k 1.7k 1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 10248 What is the correct JSON content type?
- 2177 Converting string into datetime
- 573 Preserve bash history in multiple terminal windows
- 482 Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears
- 453 Should I use 'border: none' or 'border: 0'?
- 413 How to send email attachments?
- 393 How to set the authorization header using curl
- View more network posts →