Information Security Expert
In depth experience in banking / retail transaction technology, with focus on devices, multi-tier architecture, and security (PCI, ISO stds).
Long term software designer, with periodic stints in systems administration (Solaris, Linux) and infrastructure troubleshooting (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Change Management, IT Governance/Audit, Product Development, Infrastructure Hardening
Long term research:
- Information Security policy: staff use, compliance, governance, legislation, privacy, and disclosure
- trend analysis: IT corporate, office productivity software, mobility, encryption, and biometrics.
- Mozilla Firefox (browser): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux)
- Mozilla Thunderbird (email), Mozilla Lightning (calendar): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux); libical / calsify library code; RFC 5545 (iCalendar) and RFC 5546 (iTIP) standards
- Apache OpenOffice / LibreOffice, Open Document Format (ODF): development, end-user support, testing, and cross platform (Windows, Linux)
Member for 8 years, 6 months
30 profile views
Last seen Oct 16 '17 at 7:34
- Ask Ubuntu 14.1k 14.1k 44 gold badges3232 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 444 444 33 gold badges55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 179 179 44 bronze badges
- Information Security 161 161 66 bronze badges
- Area 51 151 151 11 bronze badge
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 273 How can I edit/create new launcher items in Unity by hand?
- 123 How do I disable the guest session?
- 93 How to install updates via command line?
- 80 How do I install Adobe Acrobat Reader deb package downloaded from Adobe website?
- 46 I can't use the terminal while gedit command is running
- 46 How to install all existing media codecs?
- 33 How do I burn the Ubuntu ISO to a CD?
- View more network posts →