Real Name: Matthew Frank. My background is in parallel computer architecture. I was on a team that built one of the first manycore processors. I've written runtime systems, operating systems and parallelizing compilers. I taught digital design, computer architecture and operating systems classes at a large land-grant university in the midwestern United States for a few years. I am currently working on programming tools for multi-core and GPGPU.
My old academic web page is still active if you are interested in seeing what I used to work on: http://ipa.ece.illinois.edu/pubs.php.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 2 at 23:27
- Computer Science 16.4k 16.4k 11 gold badge3737 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3k 3k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 1.4k 1.4k 1111 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 611 611 77 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 551 551 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 85 Why does a processor have 32 registers?
- 52 Time complexity of a compiler
- 43 How do I use a boost condition variable to wait for a thread to complete processing?
- 33 why do I need std::condition_variable?
- 30 What is making my cursor 'randomly' disappear when using gnome-teminal?
- 29 What does the processor do while waiting for a main memory fetch
- 26 Contrasting Peterson’s and Dekker’s algorithms
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Sep 1 '15