GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
- Stack Overflow 257.3k 257.3k 3737 gold badges443443 silver badges644644 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.8k 5.8k 1919 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 4.6k 4.6k 2222 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.7k 3.7k 1616 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1986 Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture run faster than hand-written assembly?
- 414 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 301 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 265 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 215 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 207 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- 168 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- View more network posts →