- I've been writing software for a few decades and I (still) love it. Over the years I've played with mainly Big Data, full-stack web apps, multi-threaded (near) real-time server apps, and embedded software.
- At the day job, I'm working with Spark, MapR (now HPE Ezmeral), and Hadoop in general.
- Previously I was doing web dev with D3.js, C3.js, Node.js, Express.js, Python, Bottle.py, MySQL, Apache httpd. For many years prior to that I programmed almost exclusively in C++ (some C++11, some Boost) and Perl (I much prefer Python now).
- I've dabbled with Go, R, Java, Google AppEngine, AWS, GraphViz, IBM Streams/SPL and BigInsights, Oracle OEP, DynamoDB. I've read books about Google Compute Engine, Heroku, Neo4j, Redis, and MongoDB, and I've taken a few Udacity iOS courses (then I switched to Ionic), but I never got around to actually trying these out (bummer, eh?).
- I created an online Angular course at udemy.com, with an emphasis on Observables, Change Detection, Dependency Injection, Data Binding, and Inter-Component Communication and Data Flow. Too bad the course is no longer up to date.
- Current interests/learning: Spark, Docker, Swarm, Go
- Open source project: Peri$scope, a tool that uses GraphViz to visualize AngularJS prototypal scope inheritance, properties, and services
- First computer: Commodore64 (I still have one)
- SO badge I'm most proud of: Sportsmanship
- My profile picture: my son gave me that lego minifig years ago, but I put the Angular logo on it
Top network posts
- 1755 What are the nuances of scope prototypal / prototypical inheritance in AngularJS?
- 1164 What is the difference between '@' and '=' in directive scope in AngularJS?
- 1048 What are the nuances of scope prototypal / prototypical inheritance in AngularJS?
- 1013 'this' vs $scope in AngularJS controllers
- 886 How can I get new selection in "select" in Angular 2?
- 832 Angular exception: Can't bind to 'ngForIn' since it isn't a known native property
- 761 No provider for TemplateRef! (NgIf ->TemplateRef)
- View more network posts →
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.
This user doesn’t have any silver badges yet.
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.