This question is twofold:
- Does anyone else notice sluggish behaviour from Firefox 4 ("Minefield" daily build) when browsing Ask Ubuntu?
- If so, did you find a fix for this?
- I have just updated firefox again to make sure it hasn't been solved by now.
- I have tried running in safe mode (add-ons disabled and the likes), but this did not change anything as far as I could tell.
- I am not experiencing this on any of the other StackExchange sites.
- I have not yet found a consistent pattern, though sluggishness mostly occurs when:
- Scrolling through (slightly) lengthier topics, the threshold seems rather low. (example)
- Typing in a comment. This one is especially annoying, I'll be typing a comment, but it takes a while for the letters to even show in the textarea.
- This seems to occur no matter how long or short firefox has been running.
- System load is neglectable.
- This is not a new issue.
Could be helpful
Any knowledge on significant differences in, for example, background work in comparison to the regular stack overflow software.
I posted this on meta since it only seems to happen on this site.