I was browsing Ask Ubuntu for a bit and I found that there are a lot of screen-resolution related questions who are badly asked/answered or not answered at all.
A lot of the questions are very specific while a lot of the answers are the same.
- Low resolution for nvidia quadro 600 on ubuntu 12.10
- Problem with display resolution using a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M
- How can I set the display resolution to 800x480?
- Changing the screen resolution to the true resolution option not available
- Screen size and resolution conflict
- My screen resolution is not listed
I propose making an enourmous screen-resolution-troubleshooting question with all the small answers/workarounds combined. A bit like the black-screen question.
I would not mind doing the task of searching askubuntu for duplicates and combining all the answers in one question, but I'm not sure how to start and if that is the best solution.
My current plan is:
- Make a "My screen resolution is wrong, what options do I have to fix it?" question and make it a community wiki
- Go through all the screen resolution questions, and add all the answers to my question (as community wiki answers)
- Flag the questions that are horrible to be removed, Flag the others as duplicates and edit the ones that could be better (like Braiam said).
Any thoughts on this?