Because our current Google+ logo doesn't exactly fit the trademark guidelines we need a new one!
The good news is, SE have offered to give away one amazing swag package full of Stack Exchange and Ask Ubuntu goodies to the person who comes up with the next logo for our Google+ page!
These are the rules:
- The logo must be original and your own work
- You need to provide a large size (512×512 would be nice, preferably SVG)
- Make sure the logo renders nicely at 44×44, 48×48, and 200×200 pixels
- The logo must not be too similar to the Ask Ubuntu or Stack Exchange logo (see more)
- Since we might use the logo elsewhere too, a transparent background would be helfpul
- One entry per per person. If you're unhappy with a previous submission, and you want to change it, consider deleting your old answer and posting a new one.
The contest closes on Sunday, 20:00 UTC, and the winner is the entry with the highest score.
So fire up Inkscape, the Gimp, read SE's trademark guidance and Canonical's trademark policy, and let's see what you can come up with!
We have a winner
Thanks a lot to everyone for participating, and to Octavian Damiean for posting the winning entry. The logo is on our page now!