What abilities do a moderator have more than, lets say a 10k or 20k rep'd user?
- They have access to all the abilities of 10k users regardless of their reputation.
- Their votes are binding. Any place we have voting — close, open, delete, undelete, offensive, migration, etc — that vote will reach the threshold and take effect immediately if a single diamond moderator casts a vote.
- They can lock posts. Locked posts cannot be voted on, commented, or changed in any way.
- They can protect questions. Protected questions only allow answers by users with more than 10 reputation.
- They can see more data in the system, including vote statistics (but not ‘who voted for this post’) and user profile information.
- They can view all deleted posts on an individual user's profile.
- They can place users in timed suspension, and delete users if necessary.
- They can perform large-scale maintenance actions such as merging questions and tags, tag synonym approvals, unbounded question migration, and so forth.
- They can convert a post into Community Wiki status, or convert an answer into a comment.