After doing some investigation on issues brought up doing these questions I've found something that I'm embarrassed that we have let get out of control, see these questions for some background.
- What are Ask Ubuntu's current problems, if any, as of early 2012?
- Do we need a linked report to close bug questions?
Have a look at these tags and the amount of posts in each (click on the unanswered tab on each one and you'll see what I mean):
- crash - https://askubuntu.com/search?q=%5Bcrash%5D+closed%3A0
- boot-error - https://askubuntu.com/search?q=%5Bboot-failure%5D+closed%3A0
Or check these out, all without accepted answers:
- "crash" in the title but not tagged that way <-- OMG, over 450 results.
- "freeze" in the title but not tagged that way
- "bug" in the title but not tagged that way
Most of those are bug reports disguised as questions, there's some serious orange circles (0 answers) in some of those searches.
I think we're running the risk of becoming a poor man's bug tracker instead of a Question and Answer site. I just spent all my moderator flags marking these as offtopic (and plenty more to go!) and leaving a comment on how the person can file a proper bug report.
However culturally we haven't really been enforcing this, perhaps it's time we consider refocusing on our core mission of being Q+A? Maybe during this release we should run a banner reinforcing our FAQ and reminding people that bug reports don't belong here? We should probably also figure out a way to close a ton of these.