I installed Linux Mint 18 on a separate partition on my PC.
When I want to ask a question about any problem I encounter:

  • Can I do so in Ask Ubuntu?
  • Or should I use the Linux Mint forums?
  • I closed this as a duplicate based on the idea that you're asking about problems you may encounter installing or using Mint. But if that's not what you mean--for example, if you're asking if you can get help here accessing your Mint partition from Ubuntu--then please edit this to clarify that, because that would be a different question. See also Are half-Minty questions allowed? Sep 3, 2017 at 13:28

1 Answer 1


From Ask Ubuntu Help Center What topics can I ask about here?:

Questions that you should avoid:

Linux Mint, Elementary OS, Backtrack, Gnome-Remix (prior to 13.04), budgie-remix (16.04 and 16.10) and other Linux distributions (try our friends at Unix & Linux Stack Exchange).

For questions about Elementary OS try Elementary OS Stack Exchange.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .