The help center says:
Questions that you should avoid:
- Linux Mint, Elementary OS, Backtrack, Gnome-Remix (prior to 13.04), budgie-remix (16.04 and 16.10) and other Linux distributions (try our friends at Unix & Linux Stack Exchange).
- Bug reports (How do I submit a bug?).
- Issues with the next version of Ubuntu (Ubuntu+1) (More information about Alpha and Beta release issues).
- Shopping or Hardware Recommendations
- Support for versions for Ubuntu releases past their Support or "End of Life" (EOL) — unless the question is asking how to upgrade to a supported release.
We have a close reason for each of the above, except for "Shopping or Hardware Recommendations.
If these questions are considered off-topic (in my experience they get closed as off-topic with a custom reason or as duplicates of Which computers are guaranteed to work? or similar) then shouldn't we