I'm Neil Broadley, a network specialist generally (firewalls, IPS, and so on), but I've been using Ubuntu since early 2006.
I'm generally command-line averse. It's a critical aspect of linux, but I believe that people learn best through experimentation and therefore believe that GUI tools are essential. To that end, I'm (slowly) learning Python in order to scratch a few GUI itches.
Top Network Posts
- 47What is the equivalent to the Windows "Program Files" folder? (Where do things go when I install them?)
- 27How do I temporarily run an FTP server?
- 27Why is the firewall disabled by default?
- 27How do I quickly switch between workspaces in unity?
- 26Share Wireless connection with Wired Ethernet Port
- 25Comparison of backup tools
- 22How can I backup my PPAs?
- View more network posts →