Information Security Expert
In depth experience in banking / retail transaction technology, with focus on devices, multi-tier architecture, and security (PCI, ISO stds).
Long term software designer, with periodic stints in systems administration (Solaris, Linux) and infrastructure troubleshooting (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Change Management, IT Governance/Audit, Product Development, Infrastructure Hardening
Long term research:
- Information Security policy: staff use, compliance, governance, legislation, privacy, and disclosure
- trend analysis: IT corporate, office productivity software, mobility, encryption, and biometrics.
- Mozilla Firefox (browser): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux)
- Mozilla Thunderbird (email), Mozilla Lightning (calendar): development, end-user support, testing, and cross-platform (Windows, Linux); libical / calsify library code; RFC 5545 (iCalendar) and RFC 5546 (iTIP) standards
- Apache OpenOffice / LibreOffice, Open Document Format (ODF): development, end-user support, testing, and cross platform (Windows, Linux)
Top Network Posts
- 199How can I edit/create new launcher items in Unity by hand?
- 72How do I disable the guest session?
- 66How do I install Adobe Acrobat Reader deb package downloaded from Adobe website?
- 49How to install updates via command line?
- 32How do I burn the Ubuntu ISO to a CD?
- 26How to install all existing media codecs?
- 20How to open a PDF file from terminal?
- View more network posts →