Used and enjoyed Ubuntu since 2004 or 2005. Disliked Windows since 2002 or 2003.
First experience with Linux in 2003. Saw someone else using Knoppix and was utterly enthralled. Later was sent a Dynabolic disk by a friend and was extremely excited by that. Have tried out many, many other flavors of Linux since then but mostly stuck to Ubuntu where I had a choice.
However, the latest is that I view the shopping lens of Unity as a symptom that Ubuntu is heading in the wrong direction. I have begun to look into other distros again.
The birthdate I entered is farcical, as I prefer not to identify in any way publicly online, but the age is in the ballpark.
Top Network Posts
- 37What is the difference between iterator and iterable and how to use them?
- 26What do I say if my manager asks me if there is someone in the company I would rather not work with?
- 20Does software rot refer primarily to performance, or to messy code?
- 17Do RESTful APIs tend to encourage anemic domain models?
- 13What is the best way to do smooth scrolling in Vim?
- View more network posts →