Started programming at 8 years old on Sinclair ZX81, with 1k of RAM, which I quickly used up causing it to crash, and my parents to buy me a 16k expansion pack.
A couple years later we got a BBC Model B on which I learned further, including VDU graphics and Sprite Generation. I mostly wrote games at this point.
To cut a long story short I got BSc in Applied Computing in 1995 from the University of East Anglia in Norwich, with a final year project in connecting a website to a database using cgi scripts written in C, and eventually started a career as a web programmer, mostly for internal intranet systems and currently a software as a service web and ivr survey system, mostly working on the reporting side of things.
Top Network Posts
- 28What kind of performance can I expect from using a Raspberry Pi as a webserver?
- 25Was Luke turning into a Sith?
- 19Am I only missing nudity and violence?
- 12What are the benefits of using Arch Linux over the standard Debian build?
- 8Why is Slaanesh so young compared to the other Chaos Gods?
- 8Are Teletubbies prisoners?
- 7Did Adam Sandler name the film 'Little Nicky' after the character in Twin Peaks?
- View more network posts →