I route the packets that make the Internet sing.
I have been a casual Linux user since Slackware 3.0 (Hello Walnut Creek!) and an Ubuntu user since around version 6.06 or 6.10.
My primary professional skill set has been focused on the design, implementation, operation, and daily management of enterprise networks.
This includes the configuration and operation of network hardware as well as the care and feeding involved in the network monitoring systems supporting them. The hardware includes routers, switches, firewalls, wan-optimizers, and occasionally load balancers (mostly Cisco, Riverbed, and f5 systems).
IRC: maggotbrain on irc.freenode.net
Top Network Posts
- 97How to install gcc-4.8
- 89SmartGit Installation and Usage on Ubuntu
- 88Setting JDK 7 as default
- 70Any way to check the clock speed of my processor?
- 45What are the differences between the different vim packages available in Ubuntu?
- 44How to find all the used IP addresses on a network
- 43How does my sys admin know that I haven't rebooted my system?
- View more network posts →